Jean M. Westlake, Esq.
A lifelong resident of the Syracuse area, Jean Marie Westlake graduated from LeMoyne College, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Labor Relations in 1994. She received her Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 2001. While in law school, Ms. Westlake was a member of the Tournament of Champions and National Trial Teams, where she received extensive training in trial techniques. Prior to joining DeFrancisco and Falgiatano Law Firm, she was a litigation associate for a local law firm and is well versed in insurance industry practices.
Ms. Westlake is currently the President of the Onondaga County Bar Association.
Ms. Westlake focuses her practice on civil litigation involving serious personal injury and wrongful death. She has experience in a broad range of personal injury cases, including but not limited to medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, construction accidents and products liability.
She is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Onondaga County Bar Association, Central New York Women's Bar Association, and the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Ms. Westlake is an instructor for the Syracuse University College of Law Trial Team program and is a former advisor for both the Syracuse University and Hamilton College undergraduate trial team programs.
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York, 2001
B.S., LeMoyne College, 1994
U.S. Federal Courts
U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court Western District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
New York State Bar Association
- House Delegate, 2013 - Present
- House Delegate Alternate, 2012
Onondaga County Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Chair, Human Resource Committee
- Member, Executive Committee
- Member, Finance Committee
- Member, Judicial Committee
- Member, Nominating Committee
- Former President-Elect, 2014
- Former Vice President, 2013
- Former Secretary, 2012
Volunteer Lawyer’s Project of Onondaga County Membership No. Board of Directors
Member Since: 2014
Assigned Counsel Program of Onondaga County Membership No. Board of Directors
Member Since: 2014
Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2007 - 2012
- Chair, WBASNY, 2010 - 2012
- Instructor, Syracuse University College of Law Trial Team Program
- Advisor, Hamilton College Undergraduate Trial Team Program
- Member of the Tournament of Champions and National Trial Teams
- Arbitrator for the City of Syracuse Small Claims Court as well as The New York State Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program