Radiologists are physicians that specialize in the review and interpretation of medical imaging studies. The most common imaging studies include:
- computed tomography (CT) scans; and
- magnetic resonance imagine (MRI)
Imaging studies play an important role when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Imaging studies can show various disease processes and inform medical providers what is wrong with patients. Depending on the ongoing disease process, the failure to timely and accurately interpret imaging studies could lead to serious injuries or even death. It is extremely important for radiologists to spend sufficient time interpreting imaging studies. Unfortunately, sometimes radiologists are in a hurry or fail to adequately interpret imaging studies thereby leading to delays in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The failure of a radiologist to timely and accurately interpret medical imagine studies is radiology malpractice.
Common radiologist mistakes include, but are not limited to:
- Interpreting an abnormal study as normal
- Failure to timely interpret imaging studies
- Failure to recommend additional and/or follow-up imaging studies
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Failure to diagnose an aneurysm
- Failure to diagnose a bone fracture
- Failure to diagnose an infection
- Failure to diagnose inflammation
- Failure to diagnose free air
- Failure to diagnose a bleed
The DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Law Firm has handled many radiology malpractice cases. Our law firm has access to board certified radiologists from outside of the area that will objectively review your imaging studies to determine if a physician failed to provide radiology care in accordance with generally accepted medical standards.
Contact Our Radiology Malpractice Attorneys
To schedule a free consultation, please call us at 315-479-9000 or contact us online. We offer evening and weekend appointments.