The lawyers at DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers are powerful advocates for individuals who have suffered traumatic injuries due to negligent medical care by doctors, nurses, medical staff and other providers. This includes routinely providing representation to patients injured during medical treatment in Cortland County.
Some Medical Malpractice Cases We Have Handled In Cortland County
Since opening our doors, DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers has handled a wide variety of medical malpractice cases. Some common examples of medical malpractice includes birth injuries, surgical errors, drug prescription errors and failure to diagnose. Because we routinely represent people for medical malpractice cases in Cortland County, we understand its procedures and the best methods for obtaining success for our clients.
Below are a few examples of cases we have resolved in Cortland County:
- Our client went to the Cortland area Family Heath Network for a purified protein derivative (PPD) test commonly used in diagnosing tuberculosis. The medical provider negligently failed to conduct a TB test. Instead, the facility prescribed a pneumovax vaccine that resulted in nerve injury. DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers obtained a confidential settlement favorable to our client.
- A patient suffered from Hodgkin's lymphoma. While receiving treatment at Cortland Medical Center and chemotherapy at an oncology office, the patient was negligently given 10 times more chemotherapy medication than medically necessary. This resulted in cardiac toxicity, liver failure and the patient's subsequent death. We represented the patient's family and obtained a settlement from the medical providers as a result of the patient's wrongful death.
- Our client, a patient at Cortland Regional Medical Center, underwent surgery by a urologist for urinary incontinence. The surgeon was negligent in how they implanted the pelvic mesh during the procedure, resulting in the client having to undergo additional medical procedures and suffering from chronic pelvic pain. We negotiated a settlement on our client's behalf.
- A patient went to a urology practice in Cortland with a variety of complaints, including blood in the urine and other urologic abnormalities. Since the medical providers failed to timely order a cystoscopy and other tests, there was a delay in the diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer. We achieved a settlement for the patient.
- Following an automobile accident, our client was treated at Cortland Regional Medical Center. A nurse was negligent in how she injected pain medication into the deltoid muscle, resulting in permanent nerve damage, limitations to the wrist and chronic pain. During the same hospital visit, an imaging study revealed an incidental finding of a mass in the patient's head. Though forwarded to the primary care provider in Cortland, the primary care provider failed to advise our client about the report's finding. The delay in diagnosis and treatment resulted in serious injury, including a significant loss of vision, permanent disability and other trauma, necessitating multiple surgeries. The client initially retained another law firm regarding this medical malpractice, but that firm advised the client that there was no case. When we were retained, we determined that there were actually two medical malpractice claims, both of which we were able to confidentially settle on the client's behalf.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys Who Are Prepared To Represent You In Cortland
Although medical malpractice occurs for many reasons, there are many errors that occur which are avoidable. Medical malpractice cases are extremely complex so it is extremely important to retain lawyers who understand this area of law, have the resources to discover the cause of the injury, and have the experience to ensure you receive the kind of compensation you need and deserve. On our Results page you can see we have a long record of obtaining this sort of compensation for our clients.
Contact Our Firm For A Free Initial Consultation
We have offices in Cortland, Syracuse, New Hartford, Oswego, Watertown and Oneida and provide personal representation to clients throughout upstate New York. You can reach our law firm by calling 315-479-9000 or contacting us online. We are available for home and hospital visits by request. There will be no fee unless we recover for you.