A spinal cord injury can change your life forever, as well as the lives of those around you. When the negligence of someone else is at fault for your injury, we are there to help.
At DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers, our Syracuse-based lawyers have extensive experience handling serious back injury cases, including those involving spinal cord damage. Our lawyers have recovered more than $100 million in damages for our injured clients. We offer free consultations to discuss your case and your options.
Spinal Cord Injuries
More than 400,000 Americans have suffered traumatic spinal cord injuries and now deal with the consequences. The average age of victims is 30 years old. Roughly, 11,000 spinal cord injuries occur each year. Some common causes of spinal cord injuries are:
- Car, truck and other motor vehicle accidents
- Falls from heights, ladder and stairs
- Construction site accidents
- Medical malpractice involving surgical errors, birth injury or trauma, or delayed diagnoses of spinal disease or spinal tumors
- Diving, football and other recreational injuries
- Public transit accidents
- School yard and playground accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian injury
- Recreational accidents involving boating, diving or skiing
- Falls from balconies or platforms
- Unsafe nursing home or hospital conditions that result in trauma
The consequences of a spinal cord injury may last an extended period of time or even a lifetime. Our lawyers make certain that we take into account your individual needs including your special rehabilitation and life-care demands. We know that, with full resources to deal with ongoing medical, emotional and physical complications of an injury, a spinal cord injury victim and his or her family can have a more full, rewarding and satisfying life.
Serving Spinal Cord Injury in Syracuse, Upstate New York and Surrounding Areas
To speak with an attorney about your spinal cord injury case, contact our Syracuse-based personal injury attorneys at 315-479-9000 or contact us online. Consultations are free, and you will pay no attorneys' fees unless we help you recover compensation.