Most truck accidents don't happen by accident. They happen because somebody made a poor decision. Maybe the truck driver decided to stay on the road too long in violation of hours-of-service rules, or the trucking company deferred a needed repair. When poor decisions by a trucking company or truck driver cause an accident, we are here to help.
DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers in Syracuse represents people injured by the wrongful actions of others. Even if the accident involves complex liability, our lawyers will fight to advance your rights. Our results speak to our persistence: We have produced well over $100 million in personal injury awards.
Truck Driver And Trucking Company Negligence
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents involve:
- Improper loading: Overloaded trucks take longer to stop and are harder to maneuver than trucks carrying a legal weight. If items on a trailer are not secured, loose items can fly off, killing or injuring other drivers or their passengers.
- Truck driver fatigue: In the hands of a tired truck driver, a fully loaded tractor-trailer is a devastating wreck waiting to happen.
- Truck driver speeding: At 55 mph, a fully loaded truck takes the length of a football field to stop. If the driver is speeding, he or she may not be able to stop in time to avoid an accident.
- Improper lane changes: When a truck changes lanes unsafely, the trailer may clip other vehicles.
- Improper maintenance: The sheer size of tractor-trailers makes it all the more important that tires, brakes and other safety components are working properly. Trucking companies are required to perform regular maintenance on trucks and to keep records to show that the work was done.
- Proper hiring: Trucking companies are required to hire qualified drivers. If the driver is not qualified or has a history of violations and accidents, the trucking company may be liable.
- Drug and alcohol tests: Trucking companies are required to perform drug tests on drivers to ensure that they are not driving under the influence.
Our firm will thoroughly investigate your accident to uncover violations of truck safety regulations. Your case will also get the time and attention it deserves to ensure that you get fair compensation for your injuries.
Serving Truck Accident Victims In Syracuse And Upstate New York
Call our Syracuse truck accident attorneys at 315-479-9000 or contact us online. Consultations are free, and you will pay no attorneys' fees unless we help you recover compensation.