While certain medical complications are unavoidable, many others are the result of medical negligence. The attorneys at DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers understand the legal recourse that is available to you. We provide compassionate and personalized legal guidance in medical malpractice cases. We hold doctors, nurses, hospitals and clinics responsible for the preventable mistakes they make. Having routinely pursued cases of all kinds in Madison County, we know what it takes to get the best possible result for you.
We Have Obtained Many Favorable Medical Malpractice Results In Madison County
We help people and their families protect their rights and obtain the care required to meet their every need. We help people recover fair compensation for all types of medical malpractice including surgical errors, failure to properly diagnose injuries or illnesses, injection injuries, errors in prescribing treatment or medication etc.
Examples of some cases we have helped resolve in Madison County include:
- Our client went to the Oneida Healthcare emergency room with complaints of headache and weakness on one side of her body. The failure of the emergency room staff to diagnose an ischemic stroke (which develops when a blood vessel or artery supplying blood to the brain becomes blocked due to a blood clot) resulted in a failure to provide timely medical treatment. We obtained a confidential settlement for this patient from the medical facility.
- A pregnant woman went to the Oneida Healthcare emergency room with symptoms of excessive fluid discharge. She was evaluated by the OB-GYN staff. As she was discharged without an appropriate workup, the child she was carrying died in utero due to the excessive fluid. We obtained a confidential settlement from the facility as a result of the patient's loss.
- A male patient went to Oneida Healthcare Center with significant pain and other symptoms of appendicitis. When a nurse injected a pain medication into the wrong location, the patient suffered nerve damage and subsequently developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD). The condition is characterized by severe pain, swelling and discoloration of the skin. We obtained a settlement from the center on our patient' behalf.
- A patient went to a gastroenterologist with complaints of rectal bleeding. The doctor performed a colonoscopy, but failed to diagnose colon cancer. There was a delay in treatment as a result of this failure to diagnose, leading to the patient's worsening condition. This individual now suffers from end-stage cancer, has undergone extensive oncologic surgery because of the botched diagnosis and has a poor prognosis for survival. The DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers obtained a settlement on this patient's behalf.
- A patient went to Oneida Healthcare Center with complaints of chest pain. Because emergency room personnel failed to perform a sufficient workup, the patient's primary care provider in Oneida had no basis to suggest that the patient seek additional treatment. The patient then suffered an aortic dissection and died. We represented the patient's family and obtained a very favorable result for them.
- A wife and mother of two young children went to her primary care physician in Oneida with symptoms that required additional workup and treatment. A delay in diagnosing her condition prevented timely treatment, however, and this led to her premature death. Our firm represented her family at trial, where a jury awarded the family $1.6 million.
- A woman went to an OB-GYN specialist in Oneida, New York, for a hysterectomy. The physician negligently sutured one of the ureters closed during the procedure, leading to an obstruction. A delay in identifying the obstruction led to the need for significant medical treatment, including a nephrostomy tube. She also suffered several other significant injuries. We helped this woman obtain a settlement from the negligent medical providers.
- A patient was treated by his primary care physician in Madison County. This patient had a history of reflux disease, which eventually led to cancerous cells within his esophagus. The failure to timely diagnose this condition led to the patient dying of esophageal cancer. We settled this case for the patient's family during the trial against the physician.
Vast Understanding Of Medical Malpractice And The Law
The attorneys at DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers understand what is needed to successfully pursue medical malpractice cases. We understand the process that Madison County courts require to prove medical negligence, and we will work hard toward maximizing your recovery. We have access to medical experts in all areas of medicine to ensure you get the best possible representation.
Make An Appointment For A Free Consultation
With offices in Oneida, Cortland, Syracuse, New Hartford, Oswego and Watertown, the DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers provides representation throughout upstate New York. Contact our office by calling 315-479-9000. You can also contact us online. There is no cost for our services unless we recover compensation for you.